Sister Jeanne McGowan, SSJ, President
Welcome to La Salle Academy! A school that proclaims with the prophet Jeremiah, “a future full of hope…” hope for our students, our families, our Church, and our society. From our inception in 2003, La Salle Academy is owned by a Board of Trustees and has run in the tradition of the Brothers of the Christian Schools and Sisters of Saint Joseph. We are mission-driven. That is, we exist for parents and guardians of children who desire but cannot afford a Catholic Education. We are a school for the poor of the poor. What makes us unique is that we are dependent upon others for our sustainability.
La Salle Academy is part of a larger network of schools throughout the country, conducted by the Brothers of the Christian Schools, called San Miguel Schools.
We are guided by 10 essential qualities:
- Accessibility to the poor
- Extended hours of accessibility with an extended day and an extended year
- Continued educational and family commitment beyond graduation with a Graduate Support Director
- Provides an education that deepens faith
- Provides an education that sets high expectations of academic and social achievement
- Fosters social and relational development
- Teaches responsible life skills and character development
- Addresses the needs of the whole students
- Engages the development of the whole family
- Promotes service to others
Our model has proven to be successful. We believe that education can and will break the cycle of poverty. It is now up to us to sustain La Salle Academy into the future so that all children will have the opportunity for a quality Catholic education.
With sincere gratitude,
Sister Jeanne McGowan, SSJ